Work is done without understanding

In the middle of the year
In the workplace, reporting to the boss is the best opportunity to do so, and the boss can see your abilities directly. But not every workplace can grasp this opportunity, many people did not do less, but do not report to the boss, do nothing more!

The author summed up the following 5 common bad reports.
In the past 20 years of career, I have participated in numerous large and small field work report, although not seen anyone because of a good report meant, but has seen a lot of people because of a bad report and lose the chance of promotion, and even lost his job. Reporting is particularly difficult because of the smart and powerful executives sitting opposite you.
According to my observation, the higher the position, the shorter the attention time. The vice president's attention may be at the age of 3 (about 2 minutes), and CEO is basically 1 years old. If you don't catch his attention in 1 minutes, your report loses to his cell phone or is simply interrupted.
Successful reporting is always similar, but bad reporting is different. I asked a lot of top 500 executives a question: what do you hate when subordinates report you to work?
And then summarize the following 5 common bad reports, to see if you are also in the move
One
— — — —
Type of talking
Listen to a person who has a cheeky impatience, or start playing mobile phone mail, the report also no awareness, immersed in their own content, she said. The whole reporting process was like a one-man show.
Usually such people are divided into two cases, one is unconscious, one is impossible.
Unconscious people do not realize that reporting is not a one-way process, but a two-way interaction. He only wanted to finish what he was prepared to do, but he did not think about what he thought of caring for others.
People who have no way of actually notice that they have lost all of their attention, but do not know how to put the bosses' attention back, and can only panic and self doubt in the face, go on. And the sooner you finish, roll down
Well, anyway is dead, as dead hurry up.
Two
— — — —
Ask for admiration / hugs
Some people are afraid to report, see the boss is helpless, but some people report work, always give people too much feeling. In fact, this is the two extreme manifestation of the same problem. The question is called "reporting" as a stage for showing off.
I can only say "stop" for the kind of person who seeks approval from executives! You think too much。
Because for you, your report is undoubtedly very important. But for executives, they may need to deal with dozens of different information at the same time, your report is his busy work in one form. So don't take yourself as the center of the universe.
In contrast, there is another type, that is, cuddle type. When they are reporting, they are not talking about other teams that do not work together, that is to say, how scarce resources are available.
According to "show according to a survey report on executives", only half of the people in a report, to maintain a positive attitude of cooperation, while the other half, not to ask for appreciation of identity, which carries a feeling of anger.
But in fact, your report has only one purpose: to help executives make decisions, and what you can do for them, or what they need to do for you. Any information that has nothing to do with it is of no value.
Three
— — — —
Unable to speak of key types
This is just too common. I'm sure you must have had that experience, too. When you listen, you think, what is the person talking about?! What's more, what does he want me to do?
The staff of the general assembly in a company several years ago, thousands of people came to the headquarters of the United States CEO speech here, to answer the question of the links, the middle row of a male colleague stood up and took the microphone started asking questions. After two minutes, the CEO on the stage really couldn't help it. Interrupting, he asked a question: "Where, is, your, question?" )
I do not know how many people here to ask out CEO not &ldquo What is your; question ”? (what is your problem) but “ Where” a word. This fully reflects how he had been the male colleagues boundless rambling questions around the ignorant, two minutes later, what don't ask, even don't know where the problem.
Some people think I do not speak clearly because English is not my mother tongue. But in fact, this has nothing to do with language. In the final analysis, the central idea is not clear, and lacks logic and structure! No, you ask him to say it in Chinese, or you don't understand it!
Four
— — — —
My order must not be confused
We usually prepare for our own reporting, and this prepared report has our own internal logic. However, when you're talking to your boss, he doesn't follow the logic you're supposed to be good at.
The boss's thinking is often jump, and they just want to listen to their own concern, do not want to play with you. When you say the first point, he may have jumped to your original scheduleThe tenth point, and then may go back to your fifth point to ask questions.
However, some reports will be very persistent, lack of flexibility, have to go back to their logic to speak, and can not follow the rhythm of the boss go. It not only does not answer the question he cares about, but also thinks that you are confused and confused.
This reporter out of the meeting room, will definitely curse the boss in turn, unclear logic, and completely unaware of your logic is not important, the boss's logic is important. You're here to play with him?.
Five
— — — —
There is no solution to the problem of light
Once a staff report to me, to say we recently on this product may have such a problem, that risk, said a full 3 minutes, listed seven or eight need to consider the risk point. I asked him, so many potential problems, how do you propose to fix it?
He froze, after a few seconds, said, I just remind these problems.
In the team need to be able to find the problem in time, to see the risk, but in the report, if only focusing on the problem, but not with a solution even if it is a train of thought, will only make the boss think you are to complain or drag.
It is easiest to ask questions, but solutions are difficult. If you just throw the problem out, do you expect the boss to solve the problem for you?
In the final analysis, a report is not to make you seem smart, but to give the boss more ideas and feedback, which helps the job.
Author: Dr. Gao Lin, a coach from top 500 executives to executives, is the best seller in the workplace. Answer the line "let the boss love to hear you speak, the 3 trick to get rid of upward reporting errors.". Original title "does not report to the boss, do nothing! "
2017-05-25 Reply